Vancouver, Thursday, 11 April 2019 - Sunday, 14 April 2019
Thursday, 11 April 2019
General Attire: Business Casual
Welcome Cocktail at SHK Offices
Opening dinner @ Joeys Restaurant
Friday, 12 April 2019
General Attire: Business Casual; Guests during outing: Casual
Professional Program at Delta Suites Vancouver Hotel with Coffee Breaks and Networking Lunch
1) Risk Mitigation in Construction
Moderator: Sophie Lagayette, Triplet and Associés, Paris, France
Speakers: • Seema Lal, SHK Law Corporation, Vancouver, BC; • Marc MacEwing, SHK Law Corporation, Vancouver, BC; • Dan Gardenschwartz, Solomon Ward Seidenwurm & Smith LLP, San Diego, CA; • Paulina Durango, APREC Abogados, Quito, Ecuador
2) BC Civil Resolution Tribunal
Moderator: Seema Lal, SHK Law Corporation, Vancouver, BC
Speaker: • Shannon Salter, Chair of the BC Resolution Tribunal
3) Reports on Hot Issues
Moderator: Fernando Rivadeneyra, Rivadeneyra, Treviño y De Campo S.C., Puebla, Mexico
• Paul Hopkins, Geldards, Cardiff, Wales on Brexit; • Mattias Larsson, Fylgia Law Firm, Stockholm, Sweden commenting onn Brexit from the EU27 perspective • Peter Pang, IPO Pang, Shanghai, China on US/China Trade Deal
4) International Commercial Arbitration
Moderator: Katherine Toomey, Lewis Baach Kaufmann Middlemiss pllc, Washington DC
• Barry Penner QC, Managing Director of the BC International Commercial Arbitration Centre, • Mel Simburg, Simburg, Ketter, Sheppard & Purdy, LLP; • John Pinney, IBLC Emeritus Representative from Cincinnati, OH
5) Blockchain and Smart Contracts
Moderator: Roderick McCloy, SHK Law Corporation, Vancouver, BC
• Rick Holzer, Holzer Patel Drennan, Denver, CO; • Chirag Patel, Holzer Patel Drennan, Denver, CO; • Rob McFarlane, Hanson Bridgett LLP, San Francisco, CA
Tour through Kitsilano to the University of British Columbia Campus with visit of Museum of Anthropology; lunch and visit of Granville Island
Dinner @ Joe Fortes Restaurant
Saturday, 13 April 2019
General Attire: Business Casual; During Outing: Casual
IBLC Morning Program with Coffee Break and Lunch at Delta Suites Vancouver Hotel
Gastown, Chinatown, Vancouver Harbour & the Olympic Cauldron, Stanley Park, Capilano Suspension Bridge
Concluding Dinner @ Terminal City Club
Sunday, 14 April 2019
Individual Departure - or depature to Seattle for Post-Meeting Program
Official IBLC Meetings Carrier
Special offer: Discounted travel with Lufthansa Group Partner Airlines
To make a reservation, please click on Lufthansa Booking Platform and enter the access code ATZQQSO for flights to Vancouver in the "Access to Your Special Lufthansa Offer" area.
This will open an online booking platform that will automatically calculate the discount offered or provide you with an even better offer if another promotional fare is available.
Please note this offer is not available for flights to/from Japan.
NOTE: Pop-ups must be enabled otherwise the booking platform window will not open.
These promotional fares are also available through your IATA / ARC travel agent. Travel agents can obtain ticketing instructions by sending an email to Lufthansa Mobility and providing the access code as a reference.